On 23 November 2010 23:56, emil <emil.widm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am proud to announce sagelive-511-46.exe, which will install the
> Sage system on Windows systems.

<snip>

> cheers
> emil
>
> Disclaimer: this hooks into the windows boot process, so use at own
> risk! If you are cautious maybe test on an oldha machine first ...

I have never come across this before, but it strikes me as potentially
a risky process, which could break with updates from Microsoft.

Incorrect results are bad for Sage's reputation, but screwing up users
systems would probably do even more damage.

I only have my laptop with me which has Solaris 11 Express. I'm not
going to run a Windows Virtual machine, then inside that run a Linux
system inside that!!.I think that will be asking too much for a
machine with 2 GB RAM.

I'll give it a try on my Ultra 27 in the next few days with a Windows
Virtual machine. But I'm quite weary of programs that fiddle at such a
low-level with Windows.

Dave