On Dec 2, 1:46 pm, Jason Grout <jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> On 12/2/10 12:42 PM, kcrisman wrote:
>
> > That said, maybe 'easy_install' is really as easy as ./sage -i nose
> > from the internet, in which case I suppose one could have an spkg-
> > check that relied on the internet... but that wouldn't be ideal, I
> > think.
>
> But that would also prevent yet another spkg to maintain.  We have a
> hard enough time keeping up with spkg updates as it is.
>
> As Robert says, if we're using nose in Sage, that's a different story.

So are you saying we should just give up on having SAGE_CHECK=yes do
anything for those packages if the user doesn't already have nose
installed?  I just don't know what the consensus is on whether the
"batteries included" philosophy extends to something (SAGE_CHECK) that
the average user and even developer may not use.

- kcrisman