It may be by particular configuration, but spellcheck was not
executing in workbook cells with Firefox 3 on Linux.  I recently made
the upgrade to Firefox 4 Beta and was extremely happy to see spell
check happening in cells.  For me  because my code is relatively
heavily commented and it always looks better when I share them with
people they be less plagued by misspellings.