On 16 Dez., 14:56, leif <not.rea...@online.de> wrote:
> On 16 Dez., 13:11, Volker Braun <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Gentoo-prefix uses rpath instead of the LD_LIBRARY_PATH kludge, very good!
> > But this also means that there won't be any binary distributions (even in
> > their current broken state) until we work out the rpath-rewriting.
>
> At least newer GNU / Linux loaders support variables in RPATH /
> RUNPATH, e.g. ${ORIGIN}, so we wouldn't have to patch binaries there.
>
> -Leif

Yep,

one "just" has to make such a "newer" GNU / Linux loader a "battery
included" in the hosted distribution of our choice. This is doable,
and streamlining the rest of the hosted distribution to make use of/
rely on this, we would gain relocatability of such a hosted
distribution almost for free (in terms of maintainance burden) as a
result --- and many, many pains less, than we currently have (pkg-
config/sage-location and whatnot).

Cheers,
Georg