On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 2:06 AM, koffie <m.derickx.stud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A real programmer could also help with spreading his knowledge of good
> coding practices and software design patterns in the sage community.
> By reading this mailing list I sometimes get the feeling we have
> enough smart mathematicians, but not enough battle field tested
> diehard programmers.

Of course one would have to be very careful about this--as a newcomer
coming in and telling everyone they're wrong may not be very
productive. I think some of the difference is diference in
perspective--the mathematicians want to use the software as much as
(often more than) they want to create it, which leads to difference in
software development philosophies. That being said, we should all be
open to (and need) outside advice.

- Robert