Hello all,

I'm glad we've had a chance to think about this, and I hope we keep
thinking about it, but I hope we can also *take action!*  The current
status is this:

 * The sage add on Meta Stackexchange exists -- go vote for it if you
want to :)

http://meta.stackoverflow.com/questions/74983/open-source-advertising-sidebar-1h-2011

* The add points to a wiki page which aims to address programmers
interested in contributing:
   http://wiki.sagemath.org/StackOverflowLanding

* Now that we've thought about whether, and what kind, of programmers
may or may not be useful, and what they may or may not be good at,
what should appear on that page?  Currently it gives an organized list
of links for learning about sage, and another about the development
process.  What's missing, I think, is a list of suggestions, or
specific ideas, which are interesting and appropriate.  Clearly we
won't agree perfectly on this, but maybe there are some generally good
ideas which can emerge anyway?

thanks everyone!
Niles