On 24 Okt., 17:33, Jason Grout <jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> Here is one of the big situations when I like trailing spaces:
>
> def hello():$
>      print 'hi'$
>      $
>      print 'bye'$
>
> To me, it's annoying to have the cursor jump back to column 0 when
> scrolling down through the function.  I think that is the only situation
> where I get annoyed with my emacs settings of deleting trailing whitespace.

Well, then make emacs(?) not do that. ;)

-leif

P.S.: It's IMHO a bad idea anyway to make editors
"unintentionally" (or unconditionally) change the formatting of every
file you touch (or edit), at least if they're subject to collaboration
with others.  Either you *intentionally* change the whole file
(knowing the consequences), or you should just make changes in those
parts you touch anyway.  (Patch bombs and superfluous merge conflicts
FTW!)