On Oct 25, 9:43 pm, leif <not.rea...@online.de> wrote:
> > After all, comments and empty lines contribute to file bloat, but they
> > also contribute to readability.
>
> Trailing blanks in contrast certainly don't, just like spaces on
> otherwise empty lines :-) (perhaps unless your editor shows them --
> I've configured mine to do so -- and they're consequently used to
> indicate that you're still inside the same "scope", e.g. a class
> definition).

I understand that; the point was more that trailing white space on
empty lines contributes to programmer convenience, inasmuch as he
doesn't have to think too much about it.

Out of curiosity, *how* does trailing white space usually get added to
non-empty lines? I've noticed it sometimes, and wondered. Do some
programmers just add it habitually?

regards
john perry