On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Dr. David Kirkby
<david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:
> On 02/ 6/12 09:09 AM, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
>>
>> On 2012-02-06 09:33, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
>>>
>>> I think trying to replicate autotools would be just silly.
>>
>> That's what PARI tried and they are probably the spkg with the *most*
>> patches to the configuration system.
>>

> More fool them.

I am not suggesting *replicating* autotools.  I'm suggesting that we
should clearly identify exactly what this "./configure" is supposed to
accomplish before deciding on what tool to use to implement it.
Autconf may or may not be the right choice.

 -- William