On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Keshav Kini <keshav.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jason Grout <jason-s...@creativetrax.com> writes:
>>> No.
>>
>> It might make sense to include these scripts with Sage, managed under
>> the sage root repository, for example, or in sage/local/bin.
>
> Is the merger script realistically "part of Sage"? Only one person
> actually runs it. (On the other hand we also ship MoinMoin for some
> reason, even though only one person runs that, too.)

I thought MoinMoin will soon be removed from Sage.

> And with the
> current state of our repositories, putting it under revision control in
> one of them might hurt more than it helps...

I definitely think the release management scripts should be shipped with Sage.
Your argument against it is:

  (1) Only one person runs them,

which is silly, since this conversation started because more than one
person wants to run them, and

  (2) Our repository sucks, so why bother,

which is just counterproductive.

 -- William

--
William Stein