On Thursday, 15 March 2012 17:55:31 UTC+8, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:

> Okay, I'll think about your suggestion and changing the merger
> procedure.  But I'll be honest that this is not too high on my list of
> priorities.

well, I think that Keshav's approach is very important if we want to
decrease the huge rate of bitrot we have now
with patches that did not make it into a release quickly.
As the current scheme of things destroys the history of development, it
gets hard to recreate the state of source when
the now bit-rotten patch has been working.

By the way, is http://hg.sagemath.org/ now officially dead? It didn't
change a bit since January or so...

Dima