On 2012-03-16 14:01, R. Andrew Ohana wrote:
> For the same reason you started releasing 5.0 prealphas while
> finishing up 4.8. It makes sense to continue working on closing
> various fixes + improvements/features, but you shouldn't be doing this
> to code that is being prepped for release.
Except this was me privately working on stuff in my own sandbox.  I
provided the prealphas because there was no real reason to keep them
private, but they were not official in any way.

If you want this "prealpha" history to be published and you want a clean
git history, this is really going to make release management MORE
DIFFICULT which I don't like.  So -1 from me.

I like the fact that I can just put a patch in a non-official release,
test it, back it out if I don't like the patch (for whatever reason).  I
can do this without needing to leave a clean history of all this.