Hi William,

On 2012-03-22, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Possibly.  I'm curious -- did you attempt to make any backups anywhere ever?

I hope that most of it can be found either in my home directory of
sage.math (where I think I made the computation for the data base of
cohomology rings of groups of order 128) and on some machine here in
Jena.

> The $40K high end server on which /home/lmfdb was located completely
> died about that long ago.

Rests in pieces?

> And just to warn you: /scratch is not backed up right now either.

Sure. I never stored things I care about on /scratch.

> What *is* backed up is /home/

You know, originally I wanted to have the data in /home/SimonKing/.

But then I was told that the data base was too big and that I should
move it to /home/lmdb/. I thought that of course the data bases are
backed up, similar to the home directory, and that the data were
relatively safe there.

Kind regards,
Simon