On 28 Mrz., 12:31, "dahl.joac...@gmail.com" <dahl.joac...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> matplotlib is only used for some of the examples with CVXOPT; there is no
> reason to introduce such a dependency.  If it's a matter of automated
> tests,  then it would be much better to comment out the
> plotting in the few examples.

I'd also probably do /that/, although I don't have the dependency
graph at hand right now...

Simply making CVXOPT depend on matplotlib is certainly easier, but
IMHO not really appropriate since the former *builds* without the
latter.

Since we're meanwhile /generating/ Sage's Makefile, I'd simply add
dependencies depending on whether SAGE_CHECK=yes or not, which doesn't
require patching CVXOPT's tests.

Anyway, upstream should make the test suite not fail in case no
matplotlib installation is available.  (These tests should simply get
skipped then, perhaps along with a warning.)

-leif