On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 3:51:42 PM UTC-7, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:

> On 2012-03-28 17:08, leif wrote:
> > Simply making CVXOPT depend on matplotlib is certainly easier, but
> > IMHO not really appropriate since the former *builds* without the
> > latter.
> I don't see the problem.  What's the harm with the easy solution?

Upgrading matplotlib would trigger a rebuild of cvxopt. In principle, if
this rebuild is unnecessary (that is, if SAGE_CHECK is not set), then it
could add a long time to the upgrade process. In practice, cvxopt is not a
dependency for anything else, and building cvxopt doesn't take very long,
so I think this is not an important concern.

Is there any other reason to worry about the easy solution?

--
John