On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Dr. David Kirkby
<david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:
> On 04/30/12 04:47 PM, Simon King wrote:
>>
>> FWIW: I created trac ticket #12891 (http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/
>> ticket/12891), if someone likes the idea to invite users to contribute
>> when reading the docs of an undocumented function or method.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Simon
>>

> Is there an easy way to find a list of undocumented functions?

sage -coverage

For example,

cd SAGE_ROOT/devel/sage/sage/coding
sage -coverage .

Outputs:

ag_code.py: 100% (1 of 1)
binary_code.pyx: 91% (41 of 45)
code_bounds.py: 100% (17 of 17)
code_constructions.py: 96% (25 of 26)
decoder.py: 100% (3 of 3)
guava.py: 100% (3 of 3)
linear_code.py: 82% (52 of 63)
sd_codes.py: 20% (1 of 5)
source_coding/huffman.py: 100% (9 of 9)

Overall weighted coverage score:  88.1%
Total number of functions:  172
We need    3 more function to get to 90% coverage.
We need   11 more function to get to 95% coverage.
We need   18 more function to get to 99% coverage.

---

You can then do the following to see what is wrong with a given file:

   sage -coverage sd_codes.py

sd_codes.py
SCORE sd_codes.py: 20% (1 of 5)

Missing documentation: