On Sunday, April 29, 2012, David Kirkby wrote:

> On 29 April 2012 18:00, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com <javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Sunday, April 29, 2012, David Kirkby wrote:
>

> >> Perhaps you would agree to the number 5 I suggested earlier.
> >>
> >> 5) Finding individuals that have written code that is not tested, and
> >> not merging any more patches from them unless they first add tests to
> >> a number (say 5) tests for all the code they have written which is
> >> untested.
> >>

> > I am opposed to anything that restricts an author from including good
> new up
> > to snuff code in Sage based on any properties ir behaviour of said
> author.
>
> Would you be opposed to insisting someone write one doctest for
> previous code they have written, for every new patch they want merged?

I am opposed.   Moreover all code that has gone into sage for the last
about 4 years has already had 100% coverage (or a major error was made when
refereeing); since there have been many (most?) new developers since then,
this proposal would have little impact.

--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics