2012/5/2 Nathann Cohen <nathann.co...@gmail.com>

> Hellooooooooooo Nick !!!

 :)

As John said it already the Cbc package was updated recently, and the
> current version (2.7.5) would not work with an old version of Sage. This
> being said, the old cbc package is still somewhere on the internet, and one
> way to fix your old Sage installation (4.8) may be to install the old
> version of Cbc. Here's how you can do that :
>
> sage -f http://www.sagemath.org//packages/archive/cbc-2.3.p2.spkg
>
> (using -f instead of -i forces the installation, just in case Sage would
> not like it)
>
> It will install & compile the old version which should fit your
> installation better. Of course the best remains to use the latest Sage
> version available :-)

  4.8 is not old, is the version advertised on site:
http://www.sagemath.org/. Yeah, I'm just trolling. Anyway, I was expecting
some kind of mechanism to map between sage version and package versions
that it allows.

> Tell me if it works !!
>
> Nathann

It fails to build just like the version that I've downloaded from trunk
(see #irc log in first message):