Nick

On May 2, 12:47 am, Nicu Tofan <nicu.to...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is not me being unable to use sage...

Ah, I had misunderstood.

> I was thinking that sage 4.8, when installed and used in the way I
> presented it (which looks pretty standard to me) does not work well.

I agree that it is a bug that sage-4.8 should download the most recent
version of Cbc we have available, rather than the one appropriate to
it. And that's what's really weird, since sage itself reports a
specific version once installed.

Nathann, do you know how the distribution of the Cbc package works? It
sounds as if Sage downloads a very vaguely-named "Cbc.spkg" (say),
when it should look for a more specifically-named "Cbc275.spkg" or
"Cbc23.spkg".

john