On 5/23/12 6:26 AM, John Cremona wrote:
I wonder how many of those 9000 accounts are still active.  COuld some
of them be deleted, or at least mothballed?

There's one more 0 there...91,000 accounts.

I was thinking aboutthis for our own server, where we only have 75
users, at least half of which are past students who have left and
could not log in even if they wanted too.  I would like to be able to
delete their accounts.  What actually happens when I (as admin users)
click on "suspend" by the username in the user admin page?  And is
there any easy way to see which users have not logged in for (say) the
last year, or 6 months?  I guess that

  ls -lt /home/sage/.sage/sage_notebook.sagenb/home/

would be one way?

Yes, that would be one way. We don't have a good system for migrating users off of a server. It would be good if there was an easy way to backup those accounts, delete them, and then easily restore them if needed.

On sagenb.org, if I do

cd home/
ls -lasHt .

then the 2011 accounts start at around line 16,000, and the 2010 accounts start at around 76,000. So if kept accounts going back to 2010 or so, that would still be 76,000 accounts. Most of our accounts have been created recently.

Thanks,

Jason