Hi!

On 2012-09-06, Simon King <simon.k...@uni-jena.de> wrote:
> At least the problem arises on bsd.math (where I have an account), while
> the other problems were mainly found on Volker's patchbot. But that's
> the only good news.

Hope increases: Running the failing test in an interactive session does
normally not reproduce the error - but if one runs the interactive
session under gdb, then the error shows up!

  sage: @cached_function
  ....: def oddprime_factors(n):
  ....:     l = [p for p,e in factor(n) if p != 2]
  ....:     return len(l)
  ....:
  sage: oddprime_factors.precompute(range(1,100), 4)
  [Errno 4] Interrupted system call
  Killing any remaining workers...
  sage: oddprime_factors.precompute(range(1,100), 6)
  [Errno 4] Interrupted system call
  Killing any remaining workers...
  sage: oddprime_factors.precompute(range(1,100))
  [Errno 4] Interrupted system call
  Killing any remaining workers...
  sage: len(oddprime_factors.cache)
  0

The only difference to the doctests I am aware of: Changing to range(1,99)
does not make the error vanish.

Since precompute() launches a parallel computation, I could imagine that
the interrupted system call is related with that. But I am no expert.

Unfortunately the "Interrupted system call" does not bring me to the gdb
prompt. Is there an option that makes gdb watch child processes (or
whatever is involved in a parallel computation) as well?

And perhaps a decisive question: Do the parallel computations have
anything to do with weak references? Are instances of
UniqueRepresentation involved? Or UniqueFactory? These are changed by my
patches.

Cheers,
Simon