PS:

On 2012-09-06, Simon King <simon.k...@uni-jena.de> wrote:
> And nested pexpect call will lock the interface.

I think I had to deal with that kind of things one or two years ago,
with garbage collection of SingularElement, if I recall correctly.

It makes me wonder: Shouldn't certain basic pexpect methods (such as, in
particular, _eval_line) set an attribute to self that prevents any other
attempts to call a second _eval_line before the first is finished? Such
as
  def _eval_line(self,...):
      if self.locked:
          raise RuntimeError, "%s is locked - preventing a nested call"%self
      self.locked=True
      try:
          <do whatever _eval_line does now>
      finally:
          self.locked=False

I think that would prevent the problem of nested calls during garbage
collection for good.

Cheers,
Simon