Hi

> I have an ISO installer image (Ubuntu + Sage) which I'd like to make
> available to the Sage community.
> It is a 1.6G file created by UCK which I'd like to host on Sage servers,
> to preserve our institutional bandwidth.

Great!  Please let us know when it's been hosted so we can try it out!

> This can be useful to anyone hosting or teaching a Sage workshop, or
> willing to install Ubuntu to get Sage.
> The installation procedure is trivial and easy, no different from a
> standard Ubuntu install:
> http://www.ubuntu.com/download/help/install-desktop-long-term-support

I assume this doesn't work as well (the "alongside your OS") on Mac?
 Wondering...

Also, just out of curiosity, what are the differences with Emil's iso?  I
assume they each have their advantages and disadvantages.

Thanks,
- kcrisman