+1 for having a FEM implementation.

I've seen some of the codes in numerical GR (Cactus) and they are
definitely not "generic FEM" implementations that one could apply to a wide
range of problems ;-)

On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:12:42 AM UTC, tdumont wrote:

> I like FreeFem++
> http://www.freefem.org/ff++/index.htm
> because it does not hide mathematics! But integrating it in Sage would
> certainly be a hard task, I think. Any opinion about this?

It already has a shared library interface, thats a great plus. I think it
would be easy to tie it in with a simple ipc messaging system much like the
Mathematica mathlink demo I posted about a month ago.

What we primarily need to figure out is how to present the functionality to
the user. I guess thats basically three pieces of information: mesh
construction/refinement, the PDE itself, and boundary data. It would be
nice if you could just throw a symbolic PDE in there and get out something
reasonable...