On Monday, February 11, 2013 9:12:08 PM UTC+1, mhampton wrote:

> I think this could be valuable, but it is not clear to me what SimPy
> can do.  We definitely need more capability for simulation with
> interactive controls in Sage.
>
> If SimPy is all Tkinter-based, it might be hard to incorporate it into
> the notebook.  At the moment the most promising route forward that I
> know of is to extend the capabilities of  @interact.  Maybe its
> possible to incorporate SimPy in a useful way into the interact
> framework, although I don't personally see how (but I don't know
> enough about it).

SimPy is a Process oriented Discrete Event Simulation package. Basically it
is a Python library of classes for modelling Discrete Event Systems such as
queues, networks, factory processes etc. It provides classes for Processes,
Ressources, Stores (e.g Warehouses), Events, Monitors etc. As it is just a
Python Library it can be used in the notebook() without problems.

However, it does not have interactive controls. I havn't used @interact yet
but an integration should be possible.

Christian