On 13/02/2013, at 11:09 AM, Ivan Andrus <darthand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2013, at 2:17 PM, Michael Welsh <yom...@yomcat.geek.nz> wrote:
>
>> On 13/02/2013, at 9:53 AM, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi!  Thanks to very hard work by Ivan Andrus, we have Sage double-clicking
>>> sws files on Mac.  We just need one more test to make it complete.
>>>
>>> If you DO have OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion but have NOT ever made something
>>> that makes sws files open with Sage.app on a double-click, please
>>> download
>>> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/palmieri/misc/sage-Sage-testing-doubleclick-x86_64-Darwin.dmg
>>>
>>> and try it out.  We particularly would like people who don't even have
>>> Sage.app to try this, since with multiple versions of Sage.app there can be
>>> natural confusion as to which one is supposed to open the file, though in
>>> principle this should work there as well.  Thanks to John Palmieri for
>>> helping with this.
>>>
>>> - kcrisman
>>

>> It worked fine, though I had Sage open already and that caused some issues.
>> I've never use a .app on this machine or even sws files. The app that I just
>> copied on is the only thing that can open it (according to the right-click
>> menu)
>
> What issues did it cause?
When I quit the app, it killed the notebook server I had running. As the sws
file I double-clicked was saved a few seconds beforehand from the running
worksheet, that confused me. As did the "your server is starting up" tab, which
IMO should go away when the server actually starts.
> And what do you mean by Sage was already open?  It should handle a notebook
> server running without any problems.
I had a notebook server running. It handled it fine by taking it over, which
was not entirely what I expected.