On Feb 12, 2013, at 3:15 PM, Michael Welsh <yom...@yomcat.geek.nz> wrote:
> On 13/02/2013, at 11:09 AM, Ivan Andrus <darthand...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It worked fine, though I had Sage open already and that caused some issues.
>>> I've never use a .app on this machine or even sws files. The app that I
>>> just copied on is the only thing that can open it (according to the
>>> right-click menu)
>>
>> What issues did it cause?
> When I quit the app, it killed the notebook server I had running. As the sws
> file I double-clicked was saved a few seconds beforehand from the running
> worksheet, that confused me.

Ah, I see how that could be confusing.  FWIW, if you hold option while
quitting, it won't kill the server.  Maybe I could make it more obvious what
will happen…  Or maybe it should warn you, perhaps only if it didn't start the
server itself.

> As did the "your server is starting up" tab, which IMO should go away when
> the server actually starts.

I agree.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to get rid of it without writing some
applescript for every different browser out there.  But maybe that wouldn't be
so bad.  Any suggestions on how to improve the wording etc. in meantime would
be appreciated.

>> And what do you mean by Sage was already open?  It should handle a notebook
>> server running without any problems.
> I had a notebook server running. It handled it fine by taking it over, which
> was not entirely what I expected.

I see.

Thanks,
Ivan