Le 20/04/2013 13:45, Jeroen Demeyer a écrit :
On 04/20/2013 12:14 PM, Julien Puydt wrote:
Le 20/04/2013 10:29, Jeroen Demeyer a écrit :
I propose to complete remove the page
http://www.sagemath.org/download-solaris.html
since one might conclude that Sage versions laters than Sage 4.7 don't
support Solaris, which is completely false.

What is true is that there are no *binaries* made for Solaris. Given the
small number of Solaris users and given the slowness of our Solaris
machine, I see not much point in making such binaries.

How slow do you mean? It takes me two days to build a bdist for sage...
That's pretty slow, isn't it? Perhaps the Skynet machine can do it in
one day, but still, I doubt the usefulness.

Well, first: I was discussing an ARM bdist ; I was definitely not clear about that!

And then it's slow because I have to:
- start compiling with export MAKE="make -j 3 -k" ;
- look regularly to see when it starts compiling m4rie
- kill the m4rie compilation (kill -9 <pid> on the conversion.c compilation) [note: the -k makes sure everything not needing m4rie is compiled before this failure stops the compilation process] - at that point, kill the gui and as many things as possible to free ram, export MAKE="make" and relaunch the compilation, which takes care of m4rie. Do that before going to bed! - kill the compilation wherever it is on wake up (that is, if it is finished with m4rie) ;
- restart the gui and the various processes ;
- export MAKE="make -j 3" and finish the build.

I long to see the next m4rie and the next atlas in sage, since both have been made much easier to compile in general, and on ARM in particular.

Snark on #sagemath