On 23 April 2013 08:41, P Purkayastha <ppu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Speaking of color schemes: I've heard comments that the red and green
>>> colors
>>> used when displaying patches are not ideal for color-blind users. Should
>>> we
>>> change this?
>>

>> Thank you John!  I volunteer to be the official red-green colour-blind
>> guinea-pig if you point me to a suitable sample page.
>>
>> John
>

> Does this webpage accurately depict what you see?
> http://www.vischeck.com/vischeck/vischeckURL.php

That sounds like a logical tautology ;)

> You can check http://trac.tangentspace.org/ticket/11669 which contains
> green, red and blue colors. According to this simulation, it is not possible
> to differentiate between green, red and blue. They all appear as
> yellowish-brown, with the green appearing a bit brighter than the red.

I see the blue and green very clearly but cannot see any red.  That is
normal for me: any red words "hidden" amongst a mass of  black words
will not be noticed as different.

Sorry for the bikeshedding, but it is actually a problem -- I was just
correcting proofs of a paper using some fancy pdf markup where they
had made any small changes red, and I had to get a family member to go
through it with me to make sure I found them all.  It's not as bac as
that on trac where there are whole blocks of colour.

John