If its important to be able to distinguish the ticket numbers (and I'm not
quite sure that it adds that much information, you can always use
mouse-over to see the status and title) then we should make one of them
inverted (with text background color).

For diffs I agree that red-green is tricky, but at the same time its the
only combination that is intuitively clear what additions / deletions are.
If you are really totally color blind (ok, extremely rare) then you should
probably be using the side-by-side diffs instead of color-annotated ones.