On Sunday, June 2, 2013 7:58:05 PM UTC+1, tdumont wrote:

> -> In that case, I recall that the main problem will be actually to
> *create* the CSR structure: you want to enter non zero coefficients
> (i,j)-> a_ij in any order. The mechanism used by by scipy (and thus
> sage) is very very slow....

I don't think you can eat the cake and have it, too... Setting entries in
CSR is to be avoided. Though I thought that you'd just switch (to
dictionary-of-keys, say) to generate the matrix and then compress it in one
step. Or maintain a lazy-write cache as dictionary of keys. Is that still
not fast enough?