On Saturday, October 5, 2013 8:42:34 AM UTC+1, Thomas Feulner wrote:

> @Volker: You are right, the names are terrible. I will change them. There
> is no need to have LinearCode_AutGroupCanLabel in the global namespace. I
> think LinearCode should have a member of this type, but I was not sure if
> this goes well together with an experimental/optional package. Afterwards,
> I could adapt the automorphism group method and add a method
> canonical_form() to LinearCode.

We try to avoid *removing* globals in the Sage library since it can break
other people's code. Making it accessible from LinearCode.canonical_form()
souds good to me. Even though I don't work on coding theory, it seems like
the functionality should be in Sage by default. I think it would be best if
you finish your ticket as a normal patch for the Sage library and then
we'll have it reviewed. Nobody reads all trac tickets, so if you are
looking for reviewers for larger chunks of code its good to post to
sage-devel and/or ask people with similar interest directly.