On Monday, November 11, 2013 9:39:28 AM UTC-8, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:

> Of course, I
> mean that a sage installation should never install anything that is
> already available in a standard distribution.

Even if that means that the Sage testsuite fails because distribution
packages have a bug that isn't fixed upstream yet? Thats an important
policy question and we never had that discussion....

can you summarize what the problems

Build it on all supported platforms and then report back. This ought to be
the most important output of the project but I never saw it.