Am Montag, 23. Dezember 2013 22:36:34 UTC schrieb Volker Braun:

> On Monday, December 23, 2013 10:07:12 PM UTC, Emil Widmann wrote
>>
>> *Hiccup 2: SAGE_FAT_BINARIES / SAGE_ATLAS_ARCH conflict*
>>

> It seems that you set both, which does not make sense. SAGE_FAT_BINARY=yes
> will build a binary that we consider "generic". You either build that, or
> you specify the architecture in detail. It doesn't make sense to do both.
>
> Moreover, you set SAGE_ATLAS_ARCH to the empty string. That's entirely
> wrong.
>
> Thank you for the quick answers. May I still ask what is "generic" and
which processor will be the minimum on the x86 scale that will be supportet
with SAGE_FAT_BINARIES? Why is it entirely wrong to set SAGE_ATLAS_ARCH to
the empty string, will I have to recompile everything if I want a
distributable version?

>From the existing documentation this is not clear and I think missleading.
About SAGE_ATLAS_ARCH it says "It is recommended to specify a suitable
architecture on laptops or other systems with CPU throttling or if you want
to distribute the binaries." and there is no hint that you shouldn't set it
when you build with SAGE_FAT_BINARIES.

The places I found doc about this is:
http://sagemath.org/doc/installation/source.html#environment-variables
and in the README.txt (Line Nr. 360)