Am Montag, 23. Dezember 2013 22:39:21 UTC schrieb Volker Braun:

> Also, fortran is a build-time dependency (but not runtime). You either
> install your distro's fortran, or you compile gcc (which includes fortran).
> You did both.

OK, this is clear in hindsight, and after reading the documentation in all
places again. So I assume in my current install sages gcc is used.

I suggest to adapt the doc in the README.txt.
currently it reads (QUICK INSTRUCTIONS; LnNr 72-):

1. Make sure you have the dependencies and 3 GB of free disk space.
Linux: gcc, make, m4, perl, ranlib, and tar.

1. Make sure you have the dependencies and 3.5 GB of free disk space.
  Linux: gcc,  make, m4, perl, ranlib and tar
  (gfortran only if you want to build sage without its own gcc package)

And
135: 1. Make sure you have about 3 GB of free disk space.
1. Make sure you have about 3.5 GB of free disk space.

Thank you, cheers.