Hi Sage Devel,

Sage comes with git, but Sage doesn't come with "git trac".  Why not?
Is it just that nobody got around to including it, or is this on
purpose.

http://www.sagemath.org/doc/developer/git_trac.html#installing-the-git-trac-command

I'm just getting annoyed, due to copying the command from there (using
Sage's git), and getting

wstein$ git clone https://github.com/sagemath/git-trac-command.git
Cloning into 'git-trac-command'...
fatal: Unable to find remote helper for 'https'
wstein$ git clone http://github.com/sagemath/git-trac-command.git
Cloning into 'git-trac-command'...
fatal: Unable to find remote helper for 'http'

So we ship a git that can't even install git trac according to our instructions?

Is there any reason git-trac is distributed as a git repo?  Shouldn't
it just be part of sage's git repo?

I installed it using the system-wide git.  But then:

sage-6.3.beta3$ git trac review 16479
Fetching remote branch...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/scratch/wstein/sage-6.3.beta3/git-trac-command/bin/git-trac",
line 18, in <module>
    cmdline.launch()
  File "/scratch/wstein/sage-6.3.beta3/git-trac-command/git_trac/cmdline.py",
line 211, in launch
    app.review_diff(ticket_number)
  File "/scratch/wstein/sage-6.3.beta3/git-trac-command/git_trac/app.py",
line 421, in review_diff
    diff = self.repo.review_diff(remote)
  File
"/scratch/wstein/sage-6.3.beta3/git-trac-command/git_trac/git_repository.py",
line 271, in review_diff
    self.git.fetch('trac', remote)
  File
"/scratch/wstein/sage-6.3.beta3/git-trac-command/git_trac/git_interface.py",
line 339, in meth
    return self.execute(git_cmd, *args, **kwds)
  File
"/scratch/wstein/sage-6.3.beta3/git-trac-command/git_trac/git_interface.py",
line 326, in execute
    popen_stderr=subprocess.PIPE)
  File
"/scratch/wstein/sage-6.3.beta3/git-trac-command/git_trac/git_interface.py",
line 261, in _run
    raise GitError(result)
git_trac.git_error.GitError: git returned with non-zero exit code
(128) when executing "git fetch trac u/vdelecroix/16479"
    STDERR: fatal: 'trac' does not appear to be a git repository
    STDERR: fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
    STDERR: Please make sure you have the correct access rights
    STDERR: and the repository exists.
(sage-sh) 4cff879841d04d9bb516ba106ba89c57@compute8dc2:sage-6.3.beta3$

Is this because I have to setup ssh keys just to *read* a branch?
Why?  I'm not pushing anything?

Refereeing involves too much overhead.   I miss just getting an spkg,
and looking at it....

 -- William

--
William Stein