On Tuesday, July 8, 2014 11:41:20 AM UTC-4, kcrisman wrote:

> I'm trying with the new package but I still obtain error. I have tried
>> your solution but:
>>
>> *sagecell@kimba:~/sage/sagecell$ ../sage -sh -c "make -B"*
>> *if git submodule status | grep -q ^[+-]; then git submodule update
>> --init > /dev/null; fi*
>> *python -c "import urllib;
>> urllib.urlretrieve('http://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.1.0.min.js
>> <http://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.1.0.min.js>', 'static/jquery.min.js')"*
>> *gcc -o submodules/jsmin-bin submodules/jsmin/jsmin.c*
>> *r.js -o static/require/main.js
>> appDir=/home/sagecell/sage/ipython/IPython/html/static/*
>> *make: r.js: No se encontrĂ³ el programa*
>> *make: *** [static/require/build/widgets.js] Error 127*
>>
>> It seems it is a missing file.
>>

> I can confirm this (or a very similar) problem while installing the spkg.
>  It occurs some time after the backports error.
>
> gcc -o submodules/jsmin-bin submodules/jsmin/jsmin.c
> r.js -o static/require/main.js
> appDir=/Users.../sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/IPython/html/static/
> make: r.js: No such file or directory
> make: *** [static/require/build/widgets.js] Error 1
> Error minifying javascript and CSS.

One solution appears to be to get npm and then
npm install -g inherits requirejs coffee-script ##installs r.js
==required.js
(see https://github.com/sagemath/sagecell/blob/master/doc/installation.rst)
but I would hope there is an easier way than that long-term, since that set
of instructions seems very redundant in some ways to the spkg way of
installing it.

It appears that the current maintainer is working on updating the
installation instructions, so hopefully within a week or so that will be
much clearer :)