Hey Jori,

> OK. I have used to using html docs, but this of course varies.

Of course (although I should be a little more honest and state that my
viewpoint comes primarily from people who I've told to use the `?`).

> Neither way, at least .show() function for poset does not tell about
> figsize-option etc.

Well, I've never really been able to understand the graph plotting. IIRC
most of the doc is in the header of some module... just use view(P,
tightpage=True), it uses dot2tex if you install the optional spkg (with
sage -i dot2tex). IMO the output is much prettier.

> Trying to understand... mathematically there is kind of diamond inclusion
> of classes:
>
> finite lattices \subset lattices
> finite lattices \subset finite posets
> lattices \subset posets
> finite posets \subset posets
>
> Which means that, for example, every function for finite lattice is
> available for finite poset, but not necessarily other way. On C++
> this could be modelled with multiple inheritance.

Otherway around, any methods for finite posets is also for finite lattices,
but you're right, it's basically multiple inheritance.

> But how come categories to this picture?

As I stated, they can act like ABC's (abstract base classes), but can be
set at runtime based on inputs (see MatrixSpace(R, m, n) with m = n and
with m != n). Here's also a nice tutorial on the subject
<http://www.sagemath.org/doc/thematic_tutorials/coercion_and_categories.html>.
Although they carry more information with them which is used for the
morphisms.

> This is still quite confusing (or I am dumb, or both). To get posets of
> size 5 one can say
>
> Posets(5)
>
> which internally does something like
>
> [x for x in GenerateAllDirectedGrapsh(5) if x.is_poset()]
>
> To get lattices of size 5 one says
>
> [sage.combinat.posets.lattices.FiniteLatticePoset(x) for x in Posets(5) if
> x.is_lattice()]
>
> Because a) FiniteLatticePoset is not available on global namespace and b)
> there is no ready method to get lattices of given size.
>
> Am I right on this?

`Posets` is special; it's not the actual category object, like say Groups
is. It's somewhat of an abuse here IMO, but it's minor. Although I don't
think we have methods to get all lattices of a given rank yet in Sage...IDK
off-hand for sure.

Best,
Travis