On 2014-09-06, Nathann Cohen <nathann.co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yo !
>
>> sage: Permutation([1,2,3])
>> > [1, 2, 3]
>> > sage: Permutation((1,2,3))
>> > [2, 3, 1]
>>
>> this actually makes perfect sense for someone with some
>> group theory background.
>> (array notation vs cyclic notation)
>>

> I will repeat it for as long as people will ignore it, but NO it does not
> make sense. You define a permutation with a collection of disjoint cycles,
> not with one cycle alone.

OK, sorry, perhaps, I am too used to GAP, which allows things like
a:=(1,2)(3,4);
b:=(3,4,5);

Yes, I must agree that in Pythonic world
sage: Permutation((1,2,3))

must be equal to
sage: Permutation([1,2,3])

And if you mean the cyclic permutation (1,2,3) this should be
sage: Permutation([(1,2,3)])

Dima