> How DOES bug prioritization work in Sage?  You can pick
> blocker/critical/major/minor/trivial when you're creating a ticket.
> Does someone double-check those choices, or is prioritization
> essentially up to the folks working on a given ticket?  Is the rule that
> "blocker"-level bugs must be fixed before releasing a new version of Sage?

In practice, the only things that happen are

* default is major
* on occasion truly trivial things are set to trivial and minor things are
made minor
* a bit more often, people set things they personally think are critical
(but perhaps aren't) to critical
* very rarely, things are set to blocker, and the current practice is
nearly always that this is to fix an unacceptable bug before release -
usually one discovered in testing new functionality for that release

And that's it.  There is certainly very little double-checking, and very
little setting to anything other than major:

925 tickets versus 2334 tickets:

http://trac.sagemath.org/query?priority=!major&status=needs_info&status=needs_review&status=needs_work&status=new&status=positive_review&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&order=priority

http://trac.sagemath.org/query?priority=major&status=needs_info&status=needs_review&status=needs_work&status=new&status=positive_review&col=id&col=summary&col=priority&col=status&col=type&col=milestone&col=component&order=id

It would be interesting to do a query against how many "minor" ones were
created by the same people... I was expecting fewer (there are about 800
currently open), but perhaps more recently people have gotten better about
this?  Still, there is very little triage - it mostly follows "scratch your
itch".