On Monday, November 3, 2014 5:01:03 PM UTC-8, Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby
Microwave Ltd) wrote:
snip
While I usually find Kirby's posts to be so self-cancelling under close
examination
that no response is required,
I think he has a point here.

 In fact there used to be a newsgroup for
Mathematica, moderated by Steve Christensen.  The major moderation
(other than removing spam) was to remove all comparisons, e.g.
Mathematica gets XXX wrong (or slow)   is OK.
Mathematica  gets XXX wrong but Maple gets it right (or faster) is not OK.

This discussion has either gone somewhere else, or has transmuted into
stackexchange or some such forum. This does not seem to provide a neat
way of just listing bugs in some useful format. In any case, I think it's
 not the "mathematical community" that should do this, but the
"users of software XYZ".

I suppose one could argue for another "grand survey" of capabilities of CAS.

This is not something I would necessarily trust the AMS to review.

The fact that the database of bugs in open source software are  public, but