On 22 Nov 2014 18:38, "William Stein" <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will start a new thread on sage-devel with a clear title "VOTE: code
> of conduct", copy of the proposed code, and [ ] Yes/ [ ] No option,

I hope that your vote states how the code of conduct will be administered,
how readers of sage-abuse will be selected, what (if any) relevant
qualifications they would have,  what (if any) relevant experience they
would have etc.

I think this is a case of "the devil is in the detail". In other words,
the details of how such a scheme would be run would determine if it was a
good or bad thing.

If there was a "yes" vote, without the details being ironed out before the
vote, there would then follow hundreds more emails about how to administer
the code of conduct. The end result would probably be something only half
the people that voted "yes" agree with.

Normally when people are asked to vote for something, they are given
*details* of what they are voting for.

Dave