Hi,

On 2014-12-08, parisse <bernard.pari...@ujf-grenoble.fr> wrote:
> Le lundi 8 d=C3=A9cembre 2014 16:24:30 UTC+1, Emmanuel Charpentier a =C3=A9=
> crit :
>>
>> How do you reach your estimate of 16 Wh/Google search ? Any source ?
>>
>> In French:
> http://www.planetoscope.com/electronique/980-emissions-de-co2-par-les-reche=
> rches-sur-google.html
> 7g CO2/request.
> Google's own published estimates are much lower (0.2g/request), but I'm not=
>=20
> sure we can trust them.=20

I think it would be fair to compare 16 Wh/Google search with the amount
of energy that a human consumes when searching in the library for one
hour, walking around carrying heavy books. I guess it would be similar to
"doing shopping", which is about 60 kcal per 15 minutes according to
http://laufleistung.net/kalorienverbrauch-berechnen/. Thus, it is 240 kcal
in one hour, which makes about 280 Wh.

I don't know how much CO2 a human emmits in one hour.

Best regards,
Simon