Le vendredi 5 décembre 2014 21:14:54 UTC+1, maldun a écrit :

> I don't think that the functionality of Sage is the big problem, in fact
> Sage has a great features for zero cost.

Nothing is really free.
My estimate for a google search is an energy cost of 16Wh per search
(equivalent to 7g CO2). I wonder how much it is for a SMC one-cell
computation or a distant sage server one-cell computation. If it's about
the same order size, then it's more than a local PC computation (you can
run a laptop about 1/4 hour with the same energy) and much more than a
calculator computation : you can run a CAS calculator a whole day with
16Wh. If you make 60 distant computations during a lesson, it would cost
about 1kWh if my estimate is correct (energy cost for the local terminal
not included).