Le lundi 8 décembre 2014 17:56:14 UTC+1, William a écrit :

> If the question is to compute the energy used per request, it is
> unfair to compute the energy used by *all* of the internet ("the
> energy used outside google in the net"!).  That can only give you a
> very non-tight upper bound.

This is clearly not what I mean. If google power consumption is 260MW, in
one day that's 260*24e6Wh, if they get 1e9 request (upper bound), that's
6.24Wh per request. Of course, Google does more than requests. But when you
do a request to google you are using more power than just Google servers.
Therefore I think that 16Wh per request is in the right range. Note that it
does not account for the client terminal and for building the
infrastructure.
But the real question was for the SMC or a server centric install of sage
for teaching use, perhaps you have some figures (how many server does one
need for how many people).