Hello !

> Regarding this request, William has a question which interactive
> "visualization"
> objects would be most useful for people with combinatorial inclination.
> Certainly graphs, trees, but I guess also 3- or multi-dimensional objects
> such as plane partitions and polytopes ... Anything else?

Can I suggest hypergraphs ? :-P

sage: view(designs.steiner_triple_system(9)) # quite messy, isn't it ?

I believe that when it comes to visualization we are more quickly
limited by the means, not by the objects themselves. There is only so
much that you can do with matplotlib. I gave d3.js a try at some point
and I believe it can lead us to better graphics [1]. Right now the
interface is a bit "hackish" but if it becomes used more widely than
it is now we will probably end up writing something clean and reliable
for all plots.

sage: graphs.RandomTree(30).show(method="js")

Nathann

[1] https://github.com/mbostock/d3/wiki/Gallery