Le 18/02/2015 19:24, Jeroen Demeyer a écrit :
On 2015-02-18 18:59, Julien Puydt wrote:
When I asked Bill about the cb_pari_err_handle patch, he asked why sage
wasn't using the standard pari error trapping mechanism.
That patch is a pure backport from upstream git. So what Sage uses is a
PARI error handling mechanism which is standard in PARI-unstable. It's
just not yet in PARI-stable.

Was such a backport really necessary ? Couldn't the same have been achieved using what's already available ?

I don't quite understand your point about pari : if you want a newer
version, the right solution is to contribute upstream and get it
shipped.
...and wait one or two years before the fix is shipped in the stable
release? And that's assuming that upstream actually accepts the patch.

If you're helping on the releases, they will happen more frequently, won't they ? Has upstream been that terrible with you ?

I really get the impression you have something against them...

Snark on #sagemath