Le 18/02/2015 17:19, Jeroen Demeyer a écrit :
On 2015-02-18 15:51, Julien Puydt wrote:
Debian has pari 2.7.2 (packaged by Bill Allombert himself, so I guess he
knows what he's doing), while sage has 2.7.1.
How do you deal with the patches to PARI that Sage applies? I don't
think that Sage even compiles with vanilla PARI 2.7.x.

Well, there are mostly three changes :
1. use of a gprc.expect -- I have a trac ticket somewhere to get rid of this ;
2. use of anal.h -- it's a two-liner patch to solve ;
3. the cb_pari_err_handle patch is a big problem (which I currently solve using a hand-crafted pari package -- can't be done in debian).

In fact, whenever sage-the-distribution pretends to package a software "foo" version "3.14", but patches it left and right, breaking both the API and the ABI, that is a problem not only for debian, but for all serious distributions... There should be a stricter separation between sage-the-software and sage-the-distribution.

Snark on #sagemath