Le 18/02/2015 19:48, Jeroen Demeyer a écrit :
On 2015-02-18 19:35, Julien Puydt wrote:
Was such a backport really necessary ?
Well, you could always roll back #14894, but that's not exactly progress.

Couldn't the same have been
achieved using what's already available ?
I'm pretty sure the answer is "no". The upstream patch was actually
requested (in september 2013!) by me for Sage. It makes the error
handler in Sage for PARI errors much cleaner.

I really think that this patch was handled as it should:
1) Sage needs a change to upstream package
2) A Sage developer makes a request for the change on the upstream
mailing list
3) Upstream adds the requested feature
4) Sage backports the upstream patch

That looks good on your side!

On upstream's... pending since september 2013... ouch!

Snark on #sagemath