Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
> Sage shouldn't support Debian. Debian should support Sage.

On a perhaps related note, Sage used to be about "building the car",
didn't it¹? I find it ironic how hard sage makes it for other projects
to rely on it in the way it itself relies on tons of third-party
packages. Want to install Parior Gap from the Sage distribution and use
it through sage? Easy! Want to package sage itself, or use the Python
bindings for Pari it provides in your (otherwise unrelated and perhaps
non-primarily-mathematical) code?--Ouch!

¹ Yeah, I know, that was never part of its "mission statement", but it
is mentioned in the second sentence of the tutorial, even before that
mission statement. And makes much more sense to me.

--
Marc